Saturday, April 7, 2007

We're off to see the Amish!

Today, four of us from the class got up at the crack of dawn to drive out to Amish country. We laughed, ate, and shopped to our heart's content, and the people and area are really wonderful.



Below is the sunrise through the windshield. See? It truly was the crack of dawn.





We stopped in the town of Charm, Ohio, where horses and buggies clopped along right next to the speeding cars.

Then we stopped in a fabric shop (of course) and this fresh-faced and lovely girl cheerfully cut yards and yards of fabric for us. The Amish normally don't want their faces photographed, but she said she didn't mind at all. I was so glad because she looked so very Amish. Sweet and beautiful.


See all the bolts of solid color cottons on the counter? Yes, those were for us. The fabric was inexpensive and wonderful.







Now for a couple of photos from last week:



This is one of Nancy's husband John's beautiful wire sculptures. If you click on this little image, you'll get a better look.






Here's a small composition I made using bitty strips.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the pic at Miller's Dry Goods in Charm, Ohio even though it makes me home sick. I use to live just a 1/2 hour away from Charm, but I had to move because of my job and now I am 1 1/2 hours away. I do get to work at their special sales (first Fri and Sat in May 30% off) and in October for Charm Days. I have been doing it for over 10 years and would not miss it for the world. Your work at Nancy Crow's workshop is wonderful.