Sunday, April 15, 2007

Home Again Home Again

Yesterday was a long travel day home, but it's great to be back to the rainy Northwest.

I'll probably say more about my weeks with Nancy Crow later on in my blog, but for now, I thought I'd share a few more photos.

This is Nancy and John's basket collection. It is on a wall in the barn's dining room.














These two are projects from the "Tin Can Man's" class that was going on downstairs in the barn.
















At the end of the day Friday, we all went around the room seeing and commenting on each other's final projects, black and white compositions, and small compositions. The variety of artistic aesthetics was really fascinating to me, and I was stunned by the caliber of everyone's work.

Here's Nancy listening to someone's final presentation.
















Here's Polly talking about her work. I love the subtle value shifts she created, though they don't show up too well in this photo.
This is Louise by her pieces. Pretty darned beautiful, I'd say.

I became very fond of her and her sidekick, Marama, during the two weeks. They let me ride with them from the hotel to Nancy's every day, and we went to the Amish country together during the middle weekend.












And here's Marama doing her final presentation. She's one of the funniest people I've ever met, and she and Louise (above) have been best friends for over 50 years!

I love her final color piece. Sorry I snapped this when she was in front of it.

No comments: