Thursday, April 12, 2007

The Pressure's Off!

Today, we got our final project assignment to have ready for critique tomorrow. It's been an intensely mad scramble of a day to get our "fabric vocabulary" pieces restructured into new pieces to use in our final composition.

Here's a picture of Debra trying to get her ducks in a row to make new fabrics. Debra is the self-described "Olfa lady" who sells and demonstrates Olfa products all over America. She actually gave each person in the class a rotary cutter. I got the silver anniversary edition of a midsize cutter, and it's actually silver. Very fetching indeed, and it goes with my hair color.










Here's Marama working on her black and white piece. I think she plans to do a version of it in color for her final project.
Okay...here's my final piece all put together and completely sewn. Tomorrow I get to skate into the critique, no problems. Yippee!




I really have loved my time here, but Saturday I'll head home, and I'm so ready. This has been a great experience, and I feel like I've learned more than I thought my brain could hold. And I have enough new ideas and techniques to work on for a very long time.

I do hope to come back here for some more workshops some day. The atmosphere and artistic energy are like getting an intravenous booster of creative joy.

My next post will likely be after I return to Oregon. Jim tells me things are starting to bloom around our house, so I'm wild to get started in the garden.

No comments: