Saturday, September 13, 2008

Goofing Around with a Raw Vision




I recently finished an attempt a sort of folk-art quilt that I quilted by hand with heavy cotton thread. I loved doing it.

And it looks sort of great too...in my opinion. Just LOOK at all them birds!


I decided I should try my hand at more folk-art and hand sewing with heavier threads projects, and thought it'd be fun to create some sort of non-existant animal figure.








So here you have it: My ethnic snaggle-toothed folk-art creechure. His name is Senior Bumblethorp.


I used leftover Guatemalan and African fabrics, as well as plain cotton. Then I fashioned triangular teeth out of white cotton, stuffed him with poly pillow stuffer, and put it all together, mostly by hand.

This was a good day for this because I wanted to watch TV to see if hurricane Ike demolished my sister's Rockport, TX home. (It didn't!!!). I was able to stitch and watch at the same time.























After all that TV, Senior Bumblethorp and I got hungry, so I made a fish for him, and I ate watermelon, out on the deck.

Bliss...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Cynthia--you're a cottage industry both creatively and blog-wise. Love the animals and wish I'd taken photos of those ones in Ballard. B