Monday, September 1, 2008

Goodwill is a Very Good Thing

When I was in Seattle a couple of weeks ago for the quilt show, we went into the niftiest little shop that had all sorts of unusual folk art things. I spotted a stuffed cat that I thought would be perfect to get for granddaughter Mia. It was made out of knitted fabrics, and was so soft and cuddly. However, the price tag made me gasp...$56!

So I decided to make one myself.

When we got back, I went to Goodwill and bought some old sweaters that I cut up, and I already had some polyester stuffing from a pillow I'd made. I just finished it this afternoon, and here it is!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's an adorable kitty! I'm very impressed. You're pretty talented. I think quilting must have made your brain able to think 3-D!

Kelly Spivey