Thursday, September 25, 2008

Anything Goes

In spite of the fact that I have a couple of big quilts in various stages of completion, I can't seem to get enough of making these little experimental pieces.

I love, love, love the freedom to let my curiosity run amok, without fear of "wasting" too much time or fabric. Plus, it makes me look at different fabrics in a whole new way. (i.e. Wow! Look at this piece of thick big-weave fabric. Maybe I could use it as a background for an embroidered aardvark!)



I've had this old flour sack for a long time. I decided to stuff the center circle to make it bulge forward.


This one isn't quite finished yet, but I'm having loads of fun doing it.






Here are a few more that I think I've finished, but who knows? I may get a new inspiration for one of them. These little things are all about doing whatever inspires me in the moment...very zenlike.


2 comments:

Del said...

Cynthia - The very best thing anyone can do to develop their creativity is to play, just as you are doing. You have "played" up some wonderful little quilts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia,

Your little excursions are amazingly creative and inspiring in their gusto. They somehow remind me of the artist Miranda July... Here a link:
http://learningtoloveyoumore.com/reports/63/63.php

K. Spivey