Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Chaotic Stitching




For today's experiment, I decided to do some haphazard stitching and encourage the frayed threads. My elephant example seems a bit too confusing. I think I'll try some more organized stitching next time.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to use watercolor paints on some muslin I've soaked in home made soy milk. Supposedly, the soy makes the fibers resistant to bleeding, so hopefully I can do some teeny paintings with tiny brushes.













Today was a bit overcast so I thought I'd make a piece with a flower in the sky to cheer myself up. It's not finished yet, but you can get the idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, These are little gems exploding with creative vision that are so uniquely you...

your daily practice never fails to inspire mine.

I'm so glad you're online.

k. spivey