Friday, June 1, 2007

To Be or Not To Be


I couldn't resist posting another trellis flower photo. This is a passion flower, and we don't get many of them because the plant hasn't completely matured. But oh what beauties they are when we get them.

Here's a photo of what I'm working on in the studio. I've decided to try to do a "circle" series that started with the red and green one I posted a couple of weeks ago.

This one is blues and greens, the circles are bigger, and it's been a bit of a challenge, but very fun. I'm struggling now with values. I'm trying to use warms and cools in only three values, but sometimes I think I should have started with a wider scale of values so the circles would stand out more.

I heard a funny on NPR yesterday. A guy who grew up in the Bronx had the nickname in the neighborhood of Shakespeare Calvetti. He got the name because he'd stand in the hallway of his building saying, "Two be, or not two be, which is my apartment?"

No comments: