Sunday, June 3, 2007

Paris or Bust!


Today, I'm dreaming of Paris. If all goes as planned, my daughter Kelly and I will be going to Paris in early October. We'll board a river barge and float down the Seine, stopping in places where the Impressionists painted, lived and struggled. We'll get to see the changing light as they painted it, and we'll go to Monet's garden.

I'm almost afraid to post about the trip, because I don't want to jinx anything. I've been to Paris once before and loved it. Kelly's never been to Europe, so this is even more exciting for her.

I plan to take lots of photos. Maybe there will be some grist for my studio quilt circle series.

Here are some photos I saw online of Centre Pompidou in Paris. I definitely can get some design ideas from these.



1 comment:

Joyce said...

I've been to Paris a few times and it's my absolute favorite city. My husband and two daughters did portraits in front of the Pompidou Center for a couple of summers. Very exciting but a hard way to make a living!