Saturday, June 30, 2007

Peering into Portals

For the past week, I've been working on a commission for a couple in Portland who wanted me to make a piece using colors from their bed quilt and a rug they have in their bedroom. They wanted a big piece for over the head of their bed that wouldn't smash them if they ever experience an earthquake.

I sent them photos of the finished product today, and even though I got pretty loose with the color scheme, they said they loved it. It's a thrill for me because they're a couple with great artistic taste (judging from the art in their home), and both of them are artists...she's a wonderful photographer and he's a painter.

Here's a photo of the quilt and a couple of detail shots.

The quilt is 39 1/2" x 47".

This quilt is in keeping with my "Circles" series, which I've now re-named (per my wise brother Joe's winning suggestion) my "Portals" series. So that makes this one "Portals #4."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful quilt. Great work. I am one of the original artful quilter web members and I am surfing from Diane, backwards, to see who is new here! I have lived in Portland for a little over a year and Terry is a great friend.

Anonymous said...

PS: If you go to blogger settings, you can set comments for a pop up window, then old forgetful people like me can see what we are commenting on. Just a suggestion!