Wednesday, May 16, 2007

A Wonderful Day in the Neighborhood

Today was a full day and I'm pooped.

My husband and I did our usual four mile walk.

I planted five beautiful tomato plants and two basil plants that our good friend Frank gave me...(thanks, Frank!) And I did about two hours worth of gardening.

Then I went to the studio and finished my latest creation. Here's a photo. It measures 37" x 37".

I've been trying a technique making my designs in black, dark gray, light gray and white paper first. When I get something I like in those four values, I duplicate the design in color.

On this piece, I made blocks with circles, using the same block over and over, but each with a slight twist...either a different placement of the circle or a slightly different placement of values. It was neat to watch shapes develop, depending on where I placed each color of fabric.

Here's the same quilt photoshopped (is there such a word?) into black and white. It'll give you a better idea of what I did.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice going! Great quilt and well constructed. And your blooms around your house are incredible.