Saturday, May 26, 2007

Ain't Life Grand?











In anticipation of my soon-to-be-born only grandchild, I decided to buy this rocking chair for future cuddling on the deck. It's made entirely of willow branches by a fellow who lives not far from us, and it's surprisingly comfortable.

Here's my husband (Jim) trying it out.
















We have a rhododendron that just started blooming a couple of days ago. Get a load of the size of the blooms! That's Jim's hand giving the photo a sense of scale.










Here's what I'm working on in my studio. This is a big one...maybe 50" x 50" or so.

I'm working to refine my compositions when using fabrics that I've strip-pieced together. It's a technique I learned in Nancy Crow's class, and it sounds easier than it is. I find it difficult to make a bunch of strip-pieced fabrics and then use them in my next composition. I wind up using some of them, but having to make many more as the quilt evolves.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of your surroundings. Your flowers are beautiful.

How do you find time do do all that sewing? Keep up the fantastic quilt making. They're incredible.

Carmen Diaz said...

A full size or 4/4 violin is recommended for any player who has an outstretched arm length of 23" or more. A violin is almost completely full sized. If you have an outstretched arm length is between 22" and 23", you will need to purchase and use a violin. There may be a small size range so it can be a good idea to stay with a smaller violin until the player is large enough to handle the next size up. >> Learn to play violin in every style imaginable:Classical, Jazz, Pop, Fusion, Latin, European, Rock, Hip Hop, Folk, Country and more Be able to play any song imaginable. violin cover trust issues free violin sheet music for beginners coda violin bows violin rosin best

Patelnkew said...

How to select an electric violin A - Visually stimulate your brain with the violin video lessons, opening up your horizons to "own" the fingerboard, no matter what level of expertise. a Bachelor and a Masters degree in performance. canon in d violin sheet music basic violin notes violins for sale houston online violin tuning