Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Paradise Regained

Our little piece of paradise is almost in full bloom. I love this time of year, but it doesn't last very long. I guess that makes it all the more special though.

Here are some photos around our house that I took just this morning. You can see the rhododendrons and azalias are in bloom and wildly colorful. They bloom in stages, so the beauty lasts about four weeks.



















This is our backyard. I tilled up the soil and planted grass seeds several weeks ago. They've just begun to germinate and sprout hair-like green stuff.






I did some garden work yesterday, and evidently a spider bit me on my face when I wasn't looking. Today, I have a big red swollen place that itches so much it hurts. Arg. Whine...whine. Poor me.

And here's the only dog we'll probably ever own. Jim and I are cat people. But Little Nipper sits in our living room window, and is on guard at all times.

He's a good dog...no barking...no pooping...no hole digging...no chewing socks!

No comments: