Monday, October 1, 2007

Oldies But Goodies

Wow! What a week. Seems like a lot has happened since I last posted. For one thing, our next door neighbor (Mel) passed away last week. It was sad because he was up in Washington with his sister, and wanted so badly to come home, but he didn't make it.

I've been working on a piece that I plan to send my sister for her birthday, so I can't post a photo yet or she'll see it. I decided to post a couple of old photos instead.


This is a quilt top that my great aunt made. It's what got me started quilting. When I inherited it, I decided to learn hand quilting to finish it, and one thing led to another. I haven't worked on it for over a year because I've had a bum hand, but some day I'll finish it.








This is a quilt I made for my sister a year or more ago. Each little block was paper pieced...whew! Before I sent it to her, I laid it on a blanket in the back yard, and then stood on a little balcony upstairs to photograph it.

Here's a detail of the same quilt.
Friday, I leave on my adventure in France with my daughter, Kelly. I probably won't be able to post again until I get back home, but keep watching. I hope to post some beautiful and artsy shots when I get back.

No comments: