Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Bone Joor

Well, after a gruelingly long airline trek, I finally got home yesterday from my trip to France.

It was a wonderful trip, and extra special because I was able to share it with my daughter, Kelly. Both of us were awed by the beauty of the food, the scenery and the incredible art.

We travelled by barge (a spiffy barge) from Paris, about 204 miles up the Seine River, and to the English Channel at Le Havre, near the World War II battle site at Omaha beach. (Think "Saving Private Ryan" and "Letters from Iwo Jima")

I'll post a few photos now, and maybe a few more later. I've whittled my photos down to 402, but I doubt if I'll post them all! :> ) Just kidding. I wouldn't dare even think of doing that.




Here we are (Kelly and me) traipsing around Paris.



This is the inside of one of many many 13th to 19th century churches we saw. I love the way the light shined through the adjacent stained glass window, throwing colorful reflections on this wall.





















These are a couple of shots in Monet's garden in Giverney. These are both of the lily pond Monet had installed so that he could paint it. It was breathtakingly lovely. His whole garden was planted in clusters of flower and plant colors that he wanted to paint.

I shot this from the boat as we were cruising along the Seine. It was easy to see where the Impressionists got their inspiration.




And a last shot along the river at sunset. Note the wild swans. Dang...it was soooooo beautiful.

No comments: