Thursday, October 18, 2007

Art, Art, and More Art

I got back from my trip to find an e-mail from fellow blogger and quilt artist Del Thomas from California. She had gone to the Pacific International Quilt Festival and photographed my quilt in what she said was a really good location. Thanks SO much, Del. You made my day!

I didn't win any prizes, but I was still thrilled to have been juried into the show.

This is the "artist's statement" that hung beside my quilt. I'm still recovering from the long trip home. I managed to catch a sore-throat and stuffed-up-head illness on the way back. But I'm having fun weeding through my photos and trip notes.

I'll post a couple more pics from my journey.

Here's a photo of the church in Auvers sur Oise that was the subject of Van Gogh's famous painting. It was a thrill to see. (Sorry about the phantom head in the foreground.)















This next photo was taken at the seaside town of Honfleur. It's easy to see why this beautiful place was the inspiration for many of the Impressionist painters.

1 comment:

Del said...

How nice to see the pictures on your blog so that everyone can see your lovely work. But no thanks are necessary! I always wonder how my quilts look hanging in some distant place, so I figure everyone else does. Great photo with the buildings reflected on the water.