Friday, November 28, 2008

I'm almost breathless with excitement. I gritted my teeth this morning to go to downtown Salem to meet my friends Bonnie and LeeAnn for fabric shopping, a cup of coffee, and a chat...right in the midst of Black Friday mahem.

I decided to stop in an antique store while I was downtown to look for vintage clothes or textiles that I might be able to use in my latest folk art quilting binge.

In the back of the store, under a shelf full of table linens and doilies, I found a cardboard box full of fabric pieces, some hand sewn together, some cut in repetitive shapes but not sewn, and some just miscellaneous scraps. I took the box up to the counter to see how much they were (thinking I'd buy a few pieces if they were maybe 25 cents each). She said I could have the whole box for $35! Wow!

There must be several hundred pieces, not many duplicates, and all quite old (I'm guessing from the 1930s). I happily paid for the box and now that I'm home and have a chance to look through them, I'm even more thrilled.

Here are a few of them.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am going to design my very own activity since there aren't any decent jobs out there.

Could someone provide any hints or web pages as to how to apply for government grant money to implement my personal business? I have been previously looking on the web but every single site requires for money and I have been told by the unemployment office to avoid the websites that ask for cash for grant information as they are scammers. I'd be sincerely thankful for any assistance.