Monday, December 1, 2008

Vintage Fabric Bliss






For the past few days, I've been sewing together some of the pieces I talked about in my last post. And I've been appliqueing them to some shot cottons.

I plan to stagger thirteen of these blocks with varying sized strips of other solid colors...hopefully more shot cottons.








I want the old fabrics to be the centerpiece of this quilt, and I think the solid colors of contemporary fabrics will let that happen.








































I haven't stitched this green one yet, but you can get the idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god these are gorgeous! I've been off the blog due to my Mom and missed this. Good for you!!! And I think they're super-sensational on the orange (I know I'm prejudiced here...). Fab. totally. B