Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Rolicking Rockers



Yesterday my son Josh, his pregnant-with-my-first-grandchild wife Lori, and I went carousing in Portland. I wanted them to choose a rocking chair for their nursery for me to give them as a gift. I think they chose a really great one, and they should get it in a couple of weeks.

They wanted it in lime green to go with the colors in the baby's room (dark brown, pink, lime green and white). They've already gotten crib stuff with those colors, so I think the chair will be perfect and fun.
Then they treated me to lunch at this wonderful Italian food place. Here they are trying to figure out what to eat. It all looked good.

After lunch we went over to the Portland Art Museum to see the Rembrandt exhibit. It was a great exhibit, but had mostly other Dutch artists and surprisingly few by Rembrandt.

Here's the new piece I've been working on (Portals #5). It's been a challenge, and I still have quite a bit more to do, but you can get a rough idea of what it'll look like.

I really like doing these kinds of designs that are primarily about playing with various color combinations. Trying to get all the seams to line up accurately is the biggest problem I'm having. I want the strips to look like they change color from place to place without jagged places where the changes occur. Hopefully I'll get better at this because I love they way it looks.

No comments: