Saturday, December 6, 2008

Travel Treasures


I photographed this piece when I was in Nancy Crow's timber frame studio last year. She has many incredible objects from her travels.

This morning, I found this quote on the blog "Exot" done by R. Nemo Hill
and Julian Mendez Perea
It made me think of all the places I've been, and the beautiful things I've gathered along the way. Here it is:

"The map to treasure is decorated with dozens of directions. There are the ways forward and the ways back, the places we pass through, the places we only pass by, the places we remember, the places we forget. The treasure, too, is manifold. There's destination, there's detour, there's what we bring and what we leave behind, there's what we lose along the way, there's what we find. And finally, there is what we carry back with us to that part of the map we call home."


Sir Richard F. Burton wrote: "A traveler's legs are like blossoming branches, and he himself grows and gathers the fruit."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice quote and nice sentiment. B