Friday, October 17, 2008

Clubs, Candy Corn, and Cats

Today was our River Bookies book club luncheon.


We call ourselves the River Bookies because almost all of us live right next to a river here in the Oregon Cascades.

We range in ages from 50 to almost 80, have many different life experiences, and almost every book we've read has spurred a lively and interesting discussion. I LOVE these women.










We meet once a month, and besides discussing a book, we indulge in the finer things of life.

(Some think the main reason we get together is for the wine and food, but that's just a rotten rumor. It's just not true. It is NOT!)

























This morning, I just about finished my "Earth, Air, Fire and Water" quilt that I did on homemade-soy-milk soaked fabric, and I used water color paints that I wet with the soy milk. It's fun because I was able to paint without the color bleeding into the adjacent fabric.








Here's my pal Phoebe sitting in the middle of what I was working on at my desk. This is what she does if I don't give her the attention she so rightfully deserves.

No comments: