Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Peter Piper Pieced a Peck of Pieces


These past few days, I've been working on piecing pieced pieces into larger unpieced fabrics. (Hmmm... there's a poem in there somewhere I think.)

Here's what I've come up with so far in the way of a sampler of sorts.

It wound up being about 36" x 48", big enough to be an actual finished piece, but I don't think I'm going to go any further with it. I'll just appreciate it for the practice it gave me at doing what I want and don't want to do, and threads that I want and don't want to use.

I decided to use a variety of threads and quilting designs just to see how they looked (for future reference).







I used gold metallic thread in the top section, regular cotton/poly thread in the second section, #17 cotton thread in the third (multi-colored stipe section), and plain old cotton thread in the bottom section. For the bobbin, I used monofilament.

I especially loved the #17 cotton thread. I had never used it before, and it has a heft to it that adds great texture.

No comments: