Friday, March 13, 2009

Fun in the Sun




Today, Jim and I went with some friends to Corvallis to take advantage of a spectacularly beautiful day.

We started at Nearly Normals Gonzo Cuisine, where I had huevos rancheros. It was so so yummy, and way too much to finish.









Gentleman that he is, David waited patiently for everyone to be served.







It took us awhile, but we finally found the place that makes what Melinda said were the famous Goji Bars. Their claim to fame is that Barrack Obama found them somewhere in Chicago, and loved them. When he couldn't find them one day at his usual dealer's, he complained.

Anyway, Goji berries are supposed to be yummy tasting, and full of good stuff that fills you with energy. I bought two of them to try when I quit feeling so full.
During our walk, we found this beautiful art piece by the riverfront.




Oregon State University still looks like it did when my daughter Kelly graduated from there about sixteen years ago.









We went into the art building where I photographed the painting studio where Kelly spent so much time.

The resulting memories jolted all my senses.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so envious! How nice to see Normals..

kelly