Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hi Everybody...I'm Baaaack!

Well, the few months vacation from blogging turned into almost a year. Life does have a way of taking over the best made plans, eh?
Recently, I decided to try making a quilt from a photo I took while in Honfleur, France, a little port town in Normandy. Here's the result. It's about 60" x 60".
















My friend Bonnie and I went last week to the quilt show at the Seattle Convention Center. There were some incredible quilts there. Here are a couple that caught my eye:






















Then we spent the rest of the weekend at Bonnie's brother and sister-in-law's house, playing in Leeann's studio with her bags of fabric rejects. Here's Bonnie showing her lovely creation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back !!!!!

I've checked in periodically and, bingo, you are here again !!!

I've been quilting pretty steadily and took classes from Freddy Moran and Gwen Marsten. I so like their "do it your own way" approach. Went to the new IQF show in Long Beach, CA.

Photos, please, of your granddaughter.

Nancy Gasparotti

Welcome to my blog. said...

Nancy, thanks for the welcome! I'll do a post with a photo of my cutie pie.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so happy I found your blog, I really found you
by error, while I was browsing on Google for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a marvelous
post and a all round exciting blog (I also love the theme/design),
I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute
but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will
be back to read much more, Please do keep up the awesome jo.


Look at my homepage; blocked drains - http://rivoli.enaiponline.com/user/view.php?id=615389&course=1,