Sunday, November 4, 2007

Artistic Creations

Okay, boys and girls. Since I have no new fanatical fabric work to show you, I will give you a brief lesson on the oh-so-well known French sculptor, Auguste Rodin. These are photos I took on my trip to France, at the Rodin Museum in Paris.

I always thought his figures were mostly like "The Thinker," cast in bronze and very realistic.









But after looking at lots of his scuptures, it was easy to see that the figures weren't actually totally realistic.




Note the oversized hands, feet, and the key the one figure is holding.






















Now look at a couple that he made in marble. They're like figures emerging from a dream. So beautiful and soft looking.
















Now take a look at this incredible figure sculpted and photographed by my son Josh. He had a little bit of help from his wife Lori. They're very talented, don't you think?

No comments: